Get Involved: 48-48-48 Challenge
On Monday 5 July, John Clark, a lifetime member of the Front Row Union, will embark on a UK first.
The 34-year-old is aiming to run 48 marathons, in 48 days across the 48 counties in England, to raise awareness of the ongoing and escalating issue of Child Food Poverty in the UK, and the Miles4Meals initiative.
Scimitar are delighted to be working with Jon to make the most of this opportunity and build on the pledge we started last year to help reduce food poverty.
We are calling on running and rugby clubs to help this become a reality, and enjoy a number of partnership benefits.
The M4M programme aims to arm local community groups with the resources and tools to help raise funds for the Miles4Meals charity, whose primary aim is to bring an end to food poverty in this country through supporting community groups with much-needed funding to ensure no child goes to bed hungry. With 8.4 million people living in food crisis, together we can make a difference.
This record-breaking marathon attempt can’t be done alone and The 48 needs support from local sports clubs to ensure the effort can be completed. The 48 needs you and is reaching out to ask for clubs to support by being an ambassador in your local area.
As an ambassador club, you will get:
- An ability to raise funds, not just for the Miles4Meals charity, but for your own rugby club too.
- Set up your own Miles4Meals initiative to be run through either July or August to get your members and community moving and active (just in time for rugby’s pre-season).
- Set a distance target for your club and work together to raise sponsorship and the distance covered on foot across the course of the four-week period.
- Provide a great tool to bring your clubs/teams/community together in time for the new season.
- Receive prizes for your club and exclusive discounts on kit with Scimitar.
What is required:
- Ambassador clubs to help set a marathon route that starts and ends from your clubhouse.
- Promote the challenge within their community through their own social media channels.
- Help us raise funding to really make a difference and ensure no child will go hungry.
Interested? Fill in the details below and our team will be in touch with more information and to discuss the project and initiatives in more detail.