Welcome to the most prestigious prize of 2021 for runners.
How would you and a friend like to win a paid trip to the Cayman Islands in the Caribbean, to take part in the picturesque Cayman Islands Marathon (or Half Marathon), with flights & accommodation on us?
Blessed with crystal clear water, miles of sandy white beaches and some of the world’s best diving, the Cayman Islands offer luxury with an abundance of activities and experiences. It’s full of big encounters and little escapes, both below the surface and beyond the waves. With just a 12-hour flight time from London, the Cayman Islands is the perfect holiday destination once holiday season opens up.
We’ve teamed up with Europe Visit Cayman Islands Department of Tourism to offer a lucky winner (and a guest) the following prize, worth a whopping £8,000.
The prize includes:
+ 2 x premium economy return flights to Cayman Islands
+ 5 nights B&B accommodation in the official race hotel on Grand Cayman
+ 2 x entries to the full or half marathon on 5th December 2021
+ £100 worth of 100% recycled Scimitar running kit to train in & wear at the event
To enter the competition, complete the actions below. The more actions you take, the more entries you get!
- Employees of the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism and Scimitar Sports or anyone connected with the promotion are not eligible to enter.
- Competition ends on 4th October 2021. Entries processed after this date will be void.
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents age 18 years or over.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash or any alternative. The prize cannot be sold or auctioned. The sponsor reserves the right to substitute part or all of the prize with an equal or greater value alternative.
- The prize for two people must be booked together and winner and travel partner must travel together. If the winner does not choose an accompanying travel partner the other ticket will be forfeited.
- The holiday must be taken within the given validity period, which is during the month of December 2021 to coincide with the Cayman Islands Marathon.
- All entries must be received by deadline date to qualify.
- The winner will be the first complete entry drawn by an independent person and the winner will be notified by post or email.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner and travel partner will abide by and be subject to these Official Rules and the terms and conditions set forth in the passenger ticket contract.
- Proof of posting is not proof of delivery and no responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed, or damaged in the post.
- No purchase is necessary.
- The name of the prize winner can be obtained by sending a S.A.E. to the promoters address.
- Only one entry per household
- The prize includes two transatlantic premium economy class flights from London to the Cayman Islands either direct or via Miami, 5 nights’ accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis at the official Cayman Marathon host hotel based on double occupancy, and entry into the Cayman Islands Marathon or Cayman Islands Half Marathon on Sunday 5th December 2021.
- Any part of the prize not accepted, unclaimed or unused by the winner will be forfeited.
- The prize winner will be responsible for all other costs of a personal nature, for example remaining meals, UK domestic flights, transfers and travel insurance, which should be purchased at the time the holiday booking is confirmed. Neither winner nor travel partner are entitled to frequent flyer miles in connection with this prize.
- Once the prize is booked and confirmed any costs incurred due to alterations made by the prize winner will be at the prize winner’s expense. If winner cancels the holiday no alternative booking will be made and the prize will be deemed to have been forfeited without payment of any compensation or refund.
- The actual value of the prize may vary based on airfare fluctuations and period of travel. The winner will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail value.
- The prize winner, upon accepting the prize holiday, agrees to participate in any public relations opportunities to promote the destination, if required
- It is the responsibility of the prize winner to ascertain if visitors visas, vaccinations and Covid tests are required for travel, and if so that they ensure these are obtained in sufficient time before travel and that the cost of the visas will be at the prize winners expense.
Limitation of Liability – Disclaimer of Warranties
Entrants, winners and travel partners agree to release and hold harmless the promotion entities from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in promotion, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any promotion-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, misappropriation, false association, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action, breach of contract, and/or merchandise delivery.
Without limiting the foregoing, this promotion, the page, the app and the prize are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement, as permitted by law.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the promotion entities shall not be liable for any inability on the part of the winner of a prize to travel as scheduled due to weather conditions, fire, natural disaster, industrial or labour dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, or any other circumstances beyond the control of the promotion entities. (for use with online promotions only) Entrants agree that the promotion entities are not responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of access to and use of the page, app, prize and/or the promotion, and downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from any websites or apps associated with the promotion.
The Cayman Islands are currently in a five-phase reopening plan, and expect to reach Phase 5 by 18 November. This is important if you plan to travel to the Cayman Islands to participate in the Walkers Cayman Islands Marathon. Phase 5 will require travellers:
- To be fully vaccinated. Travellers will be required to make a declaration of travel with their vaccination status.
- Vaccination documentation will be checked upon arrival to the country.
- Pre-arrival PCR tests are required for all visitors, regardless of vaccination status.
- Verified vaccinated travellers will require no days in quarantine. Unverified vaccinations will require travellers to undertake a 10-day quarantine period.
Vaccinated persons travelling to the Cayman Islands must have a secure verifiable vaccination record. “Secure verification” means that the validity of your vaccination record can be verified through the use of approved technological solutions. For the UK, this is in the form of the NHS certificates or the NHS app with proof of your vaccination.
For more information on the COVID-19 restrictions and to check for updates, please click here.